Freerider EPS MID
A winter ready version of the original Freerider with PrimaLoft®
Is your prefered size not available?
Find alternative Freerider EPS MID colours or alternative models available to order.
Shipping is FREE on accessory orders over £20, we aim to ship orders upgraded to Express delivery if placed before 15:00 that someday, we typically ship orders using Standard delivery within two buisness days.
Please see our Shipping Policy for further information.
Freerider EPS MID Description
The Freerider EPS and Freerider EPS MID are back for winter, initially launched back in 2017 and building on the successes of the Freerider DLX, the new Five Ten Freerider EPS range takes it to the next level with PrimaLoft® insulation to keep riders feet warm no matter how cold the conditions.
By using a single piece of leather across the forefoot Five Ten have minimized the number of seams on the shoe, this significantly reduces areas in which water may ingress into the shoe thus better keeping your feet dry – that’s not to say the shoes are waterproof but they will repel water splashed onto the shoes whilst you fly down wet trails.
PrimaLoft® insulation is used from the instep forward, including the tongue but excluding the heel cup, instead of PrimaLoft® the foam of the heel cup is wrapped with closed-cell neoprene which will help to retain heat while repelling water.
Additional insulation in the sock liner and the vamp as well as an insulated, heat-reflective footboard maintain core temperature and further reflect the cold while riding in the snow whilst the fully gusseted tongue keeps water and mud out of the shoe while the high-top ankle cuff offers additional stability and protection from the elements.
The EPS does also feature Five Ten’s STEALTH® S1™ outsoles which continues to be their benchmark compound for hiking and mountain biking shoes thanks to its capacity to absorbs far more shock than traditional rubber outsoles whilst its high friction properties offer a balance between grip and durability which makes the S1™ compound highly versatile.
The Freerider EPS is designed to take on the winter elements, protecting feet from the cold with PrimaLoft® Gold insulation and providing the dependable traction and pedal contact of STEALTH® S1™ rubber. Using a variety of heat-retentive materials, the Freerider EPS will be the shoe of choice for any winter excursion.
- PrimaLoft® insulation from the instep forward, including the tongue
- Mid-height ankle cuff for additional support
- Single piece leather on forefoot to reduce seams and water intake, keeping feet warm and dry
- A fully gusseted tongue prevents water and mud intake
- Foam insulation in the sock liner and vamp plus and insulated, heat-reflective footboard
- STEALTH® S1™ rubber outsole for unbeatable grip in wet and slippery conditions
- Lace closure system
Collection: Five Ten Freerider
Model: Freerider EPS MID
Style Code: FY9304
Outsole: STEALTH® S1™
Print: Classic Freerider Dotty
Lining: Polyester Textile
Upper: DWR-Treated Leather
Midsole: Compression Molded EVA
Five Ten Size Guide
For tight fit, go one size down.
For a loose fit, go one size up.
The sizing for Five Ten shoes has shifted over the past few years, historically the shoes were famous for being quite roomy so riders would often size down. However, the later models such as anything with Pro in the name feature a more athletic, a narrower, closer fit for performance.
We'd recommend you follow the sizing advice below, testing a range of models in the office (a member of staff, typically wears a UK 10/Euro 44 and a 280mm foot length) always opted for UK 9.5 with the exception for the Freerider Pro, Impact Pro and Trailcross ranges for which he sized up to a UK 10.
- Place a piece of paper on a hard floor with one end of the wall, stand on the piece of paper (wearing socks) with the heel slightly touching the wall.
- Mark the end of your longest toe with a pencil for both feet, it's easier if you let someone help you with this.
- Measure your marking from the wall (heel) to the longest toe for both feet, take the larger of the foot lengths and compare it with the sizing chart above to work out your ideal Five Ten shoe size.