Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, toe the start line at your first gravel race, or simply get the most versatile bike on the road or dirt, no bike is better than the new Diverge.
It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable - and just maybe the most fun – alloy bike Specialized has ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively, but stable and confidence-inspiring when the terrain gets rough.
With all-new gravel geometry and category-leading tyre clearance, the new Diverge represents everything Specialized has learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate getaway vehicle.
With a premium E5 alloy frame and a full carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Base E5 delivers a fast, confident and comfortable ride on road, in the dirt, and over thick gravel.
Shimano’s Claris 2x8 group gives a wide range of gears for any terrain, while Axis Elite alloy wheels and Road Sport 35mm tires provide an efficient ride on the pavement with the versatility for hard-pack dirt riding.
Diverge Base E5 Highlights
- Specialized Premium E5 Aluminium frame provides a stiff, light, and durable platform.
- When mated to their full carbon FACT fork, the Diverge Base E5 becomes a light, lively and versatile bike ready to attack any surface
- Specialized have tossed gravel geometry ‘status-quo’ out the window meaning the new Diverge has the most progressive geometry they’ve ever created for a drop-bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road
- They've also increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork - all this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec’ing shorter stems keep the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively
- Keeping the bike’s BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels if that’s your jam
- The new Diverge packs plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out
- Nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tyre clearance, so we gave the new Diverge a whopping 47mm of tire clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel
- Thanks to a drive-side chainstay utilizing a machined alloy beam behind the chainrings Specialized has created clearance without using a fragile dropped chainstay design or increasing chainstay length
Diverge Base E5
Satin Smoke/Cool Grey/Chrome/Clean (96220-74)
Gloss Sage Green/Forest Green/Chrome/Clean (96220-73)
Specialized Diverge E5 Premium Aluminum, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
FACT carbon, full carbon steerer, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount
Front: Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width, alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 24h
Rear: Axis Elite Disc, 21mm internal width alloy rim, 23mm depth, 14g spokes, 28h
Specialized RoadSport, Flak Jacket protection, 700x35mm
Shimano Claris R200
Shimano 68mm threaded
Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed
Shimano Claris, 8-speed, braze-on
Shimano Claris, 8-speed
Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
KMC X8 w/ Missing Link™
Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
Body Geometry Bridge Saddle, steel rails
Alloy, 2-bolt Clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware
Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
Whilst we do actively try to keep on top of all the details, manufacturers do occasionally change model specifications so anything detailed above is subject to change.
Diverge Size Guide
||155 - 165
||5'1" - 5'5"
||165 - 175
||5'5" - 5'9"
||175 - 183
||5'9" - 6'0"
||183 - 193
||6'0" - 6'4"
||191 - 198
||6'3" - 6'6"
Unlike many of our competitors, we only make available to purchase online bikes we actually have in stock here in our store − we don't ever remote warehouse or SIM feedstock with multiple day delays.
Furthermore, we aim to have all our bikes pre-built and available for immediate dispatch or for in-store collection, once you have ordered a bike from us one of our mechanics will package your bike into one of our custom-built boxes.
These extra-large boxes allow us to ship most bikes fully assembled but before we do so our mechanics will carry out a PDI (pre-delivery inspection) on the bike to ensure that before it's prepared for shipping everything is set up correctly, e.g., brakes, gear indexing etc.
We ship our bikes pre-built and fully PDI'd so upon receiving your new bike you will simply need to just take your new bike out of the box, turn and tighten the handlebars and fit one of the pedals (if your bike comes with pedals). In some instances, such as for road bikes, you may also need to attach the handlebars as they're too wide to simply be rotated so they'll be secured to the side of the frame with zip ties.
This process does vary from model to model as bikes come in all shapes and sizes but this is the case for nine out of ten bikes we deliver - if you ever have any questions about this please don't hesitate to contact us.
BT1-BT49, BT51-BT57, BT60-BT71, BT74-BT82, BT92-BT94
AB31, AB33-AB38, AB41-AB45, AB51-AB56, AB63, AB39
AB10-AB16, AB21-AB25, AB32, AB39
IV1-IV28, IV30-IV32, IV36, IV40-IV49, IV51-IV56, IV63, IV99
PH19-PH29, PH30, PH31, PH34-PH44, PH49, PH50
Sadly we're unable to deliver bikes outside of the UK or to the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Jersey, Orkney, Shetland or Guernsey.