Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, or drop the hammer at the front of your favourite gravel race, no bike does it better than the new Diverge.
It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable - and just maybe the most fun bike Specialized has ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively under power, but stable and confidence-inspiring when the terrain gets rough. From Future Shock 2.0 and all-new gravel geometry to internal storage and category-leading tyre clearance, the new Diverge represents everything Specialized has learned over more than 40 years of riding road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate getaway vehicle.
The Diverge Comp Carbon features the same game-changing FACT 9r Carbon frame and Future Shock 2.0 as our Pro build but spec’d with Shimano’s mechanical shifting GRX 800 2x11 gravel group. Alloy DT Swiss G540 wheels keep you rolling efficiently, while Kanza winning Pathfinder Pro 38mm tires deliver performance across smooth pavement, dirt roads and gravel tracks.
Diverge Comp Carbon Highlights
- With a FACT 9r carbon frame, the Diverge Comp frame is incredibly capable and race bike light. Pin it for your local dirt climb KOM, or grind up a giant backcountry peak, the light and lively Diverge will get you there faster.
- Speed, control and confidence - Future Shock 2.0 is the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 2.0 suspends the rider, not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. Since Future Shock 2.0’s damper is adjustable, you’ll be ready for the rough stuff and efficient on smooth pavement.
- Specialized has tossed gravel geometry ‘status-quo’ out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry they've ever created for a drop-bar bike, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. They've increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. All this creates incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while spec’ing shorter stems keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. Specialized has kept the bike’s BB low to increase stability, but high enough to utilise with 650b wheels if that’s your jam.
- Specialized has given the Diverge plenty of rack mounts, including fork and top tube mounts, to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out.
- Nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tyre clearance, so Specialized gave the new Diverge a whopping 47mm of tyre clearance with a 700c wheel and 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a drive-side chainstay utilising a solid beam of carbon behind the chainrings they've created clearance without using a fragile dropped chainstay design or increasing chainstay length.
- The more capable your bike, the bigger your rides get, so Diverge borrows SWAT internal storage from the legendary Stumpy. The SWAT door lets you utilise space in the down tube to store tools, a flat kit, nutrition and even our SWAT Jacket. It keeps weight off your body, low in the bike for better handling, and makes you more self-sufficient, so get out there. SWAT’s got your back.
Diverge Comp Carbon
Satin Carbon/Smoke/Chrome/Clean (96220-52)
Specialized Diverge FACT 9r carbon, SWAT™ Door integration, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
Future Shock 2.0 w/ Damper, Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount
Front: DT Swiss G540 rim, 24mm internal width, tubeless-ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru-axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples
Rear: DT Swiss G540 rim, 24mm inner width, tubeless-ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru-axle hub, centerlock disc, alloy freehub body, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples
Pathfinder Pro, 2Bliss Ready, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm
Shimano GRX RX810-2, 48-31T
Shimano Threaded BSA BB
Shimano GRX 810 hydraulic brake levers, mechanical shifting
Shimano GRX RX810, braze-on
Shimano GRX RX810, 11-speed
Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed, 11-34T
Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
Shimano GRX 810
Shimano GRX 810, hydraulic disc
Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12º flare
Specialized Roubaix S-Wrap
Specialized Future Stem, Comp
Body Geometry Power Comp, Cromoly rails
Roval Terra Carbon Seat Post, 20mm Offset
Integrated SWAT door, internal storage system
Whilst we do actively try to keep on top of all the details, manufacturers do occasionally change model specifications so anything detailed above is subject to change.
Diverge Size Guide
||142 - 152 cm
||4'8" - 5'0"
||152 - 163 cm
||5'0" - 5'4"
||163 - 170 cm
||5'4" - 5'7"
||170 - 178 cm
||5'7" - 5'10"
||175 - 180 cm
||5'10" - 6'0"
||180 - 188 cm
||5'11" - 6'2"
||188 - 196 cm
||6'2" - 6'5"