The new 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo brings the most advanced eMTB frame, motor and battery technology to as many riders as possible.
Specialized have taken their advanced M5 alloy chassis and the smoothest and most powerful motor on the market and paired them with the most value-packed drivetrain, suspension, and brake components available. The result is a bike that puts plenty of outlandishly expensive eMTBs to shame.
The Turbo Levo is a fully-fledged progressive trail bike. Specialized has lengthened the reach, kept the chainstays nice and short, and maintained a low centre of gravity. Next, they slackened the head angle for more confident descents and steepened the seat angle to improve climbing efficiency.
The Levo’s Specialized 2.1 motor amplifies your pedalling input by a mind-blowing 410%. Specialized own M2 batteries provide you with plenty of range. What’s more, the Mission Control App can handle battery management automatically, ensuring your battery will last as long as you need it to. More power. More miles per ride. More awesome.
Turbo Levo Highlights
- The Levo’s frame features an M5 alloy front- and rear-end, an asymmetrical design, and Specialized's 29 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable.
- Specialized designed this bike to shred and that meant giving it a low bottom bracket, lengthy top tube, and short chainstays. They also tweaked the kinematics of the frame to make the suspension more supple on small hits and yet perfectly capable of taking the big impacts without bottoming out.
- The custom 2.1 motor represents the pinnacle of e-bike motor technology. The new motor is more efficient, 15% smaller, and 11% lighter than its predecessor. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gearbox when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output - even at max power.
- The Levo’s Turbo Connect Unit (or “TCU”) is more than an “On-Off” button—it’s the brains of the bike. The TCU shows your battery level and power-assist mode. It also communicates, via ANT+/Bluetooth®, with an optional handlebar display to display even more information about your day’s ride.
- This Turbo’s new Specialized M2-series battery features a 500Wh capacity. And, of course, still seamlessly integrated inside the frame and is easily removable, too.
Tarmac Black (95221-72)
Brassy Yellow (95221-73)
Specialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®
Specialized M2-500, integrated battery w/rock guard, 500Wh
Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
Specialized M5 Premium Aluminum, 29 Trail Geometry, integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, dropper post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel
RockShox 35 Silver TK, 160mm travel TurnKey damper
RockShox Deluxe Select w/ custom air valve, 52.5x210mm
Roval 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless-ready
Front: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
Rear: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
DT Swiss Industry
Front: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
Rear: Eliminator, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
Praxis forged M30, custom offset
SRAM X-Sync Eagle, 104BCD, 32T
SRAM NX Eagle, single-click lever
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
SRAM Guide RE, 4-piston calliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm width
Specialized Trail Grips
Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore
Body Geometry Bridge Saddle, steel rails
TranzX dropper, 34.9mm, XS-S: 100mm, M: 120mm, L/XL: 150mm Travel
Custom Specialized wiring harness
Whilst we do actively try to keep on top of all the details, manufacturers do occasionally change model specifications, so anything detailed above is subject to change.
Turbo Levo Size Guide
||158 - 165 cm
||5'2" - 5'5"
||165 - 178 cm
||5'5" - 5'10"
||178 - 185 cm
||5'10" - 6'1"
||185 - 193 cm
||6'1" - 6'4"