The new Direto X was created to integrate ELITE's range of interactive bicycle home trainers with an even more accurate model for a product that was already among the high range of powerful and stable home trainers to begin with. The OTS (Optical Torque Sensor) gives the Direto X its high data accuracy while training - the innovative integrated power meter detects power output with a ± 1,5% increased accuracy compared to the Direto.
The more a home trainer is powerful, the higher the slope it is able to simulate. This is why the Direto X, more powerful than the Direto, simulates very significant slope gradient values, up to 18%. It's ideal to meet the demands of the most exacting cyclists.
The Direto may be known for being one of the quietest bicycle home trainers in its category, however, ELITE wanted to outdo ourselves with the Direto X. ELITE added some key components in its internal mechanics to offer you the absolute quietest indoor training experience you might have. Reaching unprecedented quietness levels, this home trainer is perfect for those early morning training sessions and high resistance pedalling, with no need to worry about the neighbours.
Stability is one of the strong suits of this home trainer. The large, stable and solid adjustable legs of the home trainer ensure an extensive supporting base, no matter the surface you lean them on. This great bicycle stability on the home trainer will allow you to express all your power while training and be free to move on the saddle in total safety. No noise, no vibrations, just you and your pedalling.
The OTS (Optical Torque Sensor) ensures Direto X data accuracy while training. This is an innovative integrated power meter for the home trainer to measure power output with a ± 1,5% accuracy, 0.5 % more than the ± 2% accuracy measured by the Direto. The ELITE Direto X is the only home trainer in the world, after the Drivo II and Direto, to really measure power output while training via an integrated power meter, that's why it sets itself apart as one of the most accurate home trainers on the market
Increased Power Output
Compared to its predecessor, the Direto X automatically adjusts resistance and simulates the most challenging slopes, up to an 18% max gradient - 4% more than what the Direto could do. To do so, Direto X gets to an increased power output of 2100 W at a 40 km/h speed.
This unprecedented power level ensures excellent performances even during particularly intense training sessions - you'll be able the check out all your training charts at a glance, conduct tests to evaluate your fitness level, do reps and high-speed sprints at max power.
Any type of training you want is available to you thanks to the Direto X.
Quiet, Intuitive, Compatible
One of the advantages of this direct-drive home trainer is the chance to conduct perfect workouts anytime thanks to unprecedented quietness levels. This is also because it's a direct transmission home trainer, which means that it doesn't just avoid skipping even during intense sprints, it also significantly decreases noise as there's no contact between wheel and roller. The only noise you'll hear while training comes from the chain while shifting gears.
Quiet, practical thanks to its integrated handle and the foldable legs system and easy to set up in any indoor area, Direto X also features very high compatibility levels.
The Direto ensured total compatibility with both road and MTB bicycles; the new Direto X features a preinstalled chain guard for the home trainer to house derailleurs with long cages that feature greater capacity on a bigger 12-speed sprocket set.
Just as with the other ELITE direct transmission home trainers, the Direto X too was created to be as interactive as possible and falls within the range of interactive ANT+™ FE-C e Bluetooth home trainers.
This translates to total interactivity of the home trainer with all existing apps and software compatible with iOS, Android, macOS and Windows. Anywhere and anytime, with a few simple steps, you'll just have to set up the course or training program and start pedalling: Direto X will handle the rest, automatically adjusting resistance and managing the training session based on your requirements. Direto X can be managed via the Elite My E-Training software (free 12-month subscription is available) or via other indoor cycling platforms such as Zwift, TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest, Bikevo, Kinomap and many more.
Pedalling analysis is an innovative function that analyzes a cyclist's power output throughout the whole pedalling movement via a 12 points system. You can display, via two types of charts, DIRETO's data such as the value of immediate power output throughout the pedalling movement.
This creates a thorough evaluation of the mechanical efficiency of the movement for the cyclist, so it's possible to adjust and correct where necessary.
The pedalling analysis function is available for purchase in Elite's My E-Training software.
- Building on the success of the original Direto, the Direto-X brings even greater refinement and performance to what has already become a benchmark interactive trainer for Zwift and online use
- Improved heat management and internal hardware upgrades have allowed Elite's engineers to reduce the noise output of the Direto-X by 50% compared to the previous model, making it virtually silent in use
- Ongoing research into Elite's unique OTS (Optical Torque Sensor) technology has improved precision to point where Elite can now have the Direto-X independently certified to a class-leading 1.5% power accuracy
- The Direto's FE-C controlled, the magnetic power unit has also been upgraded and with a maximum output of 3,250 Watts at 60 KM/H it can now accurately replicate inclines of up to 18%, making it able to handle even the steepest slopes of Wattopia
- Large gearing wheel increases flywheel RPM's, generating a smoother, more realistic feel
- Compact and easy to carry when folded but super stable once set-up, the Direto's extra wide feet are adjustable to allow rock-solid performance on uneven surfaces
- The body of the trainer has been tweaked to make it compatible with the bulkier rear derailleurs often used with 1 x drivetrains
- Compatible with 130 and 135 mm quick-release frames as well as 142 x 12 mm thru-axles, adaptors for BOOST 148 x 12 frames are available separately
- Includes a free 12-month subscription to Elite's My E-training App for Windows, iOS and Android
- Now comes with a custom front wheel riser block included
- Compatible with 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano and Sram cassettes (not included), can be adapted for Campagnolo using adaptor TT14233