With six years of technology developments and ASSOS’s most advanced race insert to date, the Equipe RS Bib Shorts S9 forge new ground, bringing unmatched stability and comfort to your most demanding speed-focused applications.
S9 marks the future of race-tuned comfort, built on an entirely new platform that’s been re-engineered from the ground up. With years of testing and feedback from riders at the highest level of the sport, ASSOS continue to see the most advanced insert technology being only as good as the framework that supports it.
ASSOS employed A-Lock Engineering, a new bracing system comprising proprietary textiles and technologies working together to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place. The S9 generation incorporates just two panels, with a primary “butterfly” panel fully wrapping the legs and converging in the rear to form our new ergoBox structure.
Type.441 textile, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort. From here ASSOS added their unique rollBar, which mimics a race car’s anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering. Each strap is sewn into the seam directly above the insert, ensuring it’s under pre-loaded tension at all times.
The bib straps have also been redesigned using calibrated stretch throughout, with the rear section using a single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming an A-frame in the back. It delivers limited vertical stretch in order to add further stability.
Key Product Features
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 racingFit system comprising new textiles and technologies working in harmony
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs
- Type.441: A patented 40-guage warp knit material
- rollBar stabilizes the seat pad
- 30% Seam Reduction: Flatter seams throughout
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels
- kraterCooler: System of small holes in the front of the insert that increases airflow so that your sensitive areas are kept cooler
ASSOS Bib-Size Guide
||27.5 - 29.1 in
||29.2 - 31.5 in
||31.6 - 33.8 in
||33.8 - 36.2 in
||36.3 - 38.9 in
||39 - 41.7 in