The Liberty first entered the pro peloton in 2017 in a number of prototype iterations, each based on feedback from BMC Racing Team riders to satisfy what they saw as a gap in their clothing arsenal. After extensive testing, the EQUIPE RS Thermo Rain Jersey, also known as the Liberty, is available as ASSOS pro-spec, lightweight, waterproof jersey.
As denoted by its internal label, the Liberty is classified as a “rain thermo racing device.” It’s been stringently engineered it to be as watertight as necessary, as aerodynamic as possible, and as low volume as needed when performing at your maximum. Unlike conventional approaches to thermal rain jerseys, the Liberty relies on non-porous Stratagon Light material, which remains lightweight and able to perform even when wet. It’s no surprise that other World Tour teams have already expressed an interest in purchasing this product for their athletes.
ASSOS cycling specific body mapping has informed the precise placement of five textiles, 13 patterns, and 10 components, ensuring the jersey remains aerodynamic while also being immune to wind, rain, and low temperatures. Efforts to elevate the Liberty’s performance are evident in the considered rear ventilation slots, known as squamoVenTech; the reduction of the number of stitches to minimize the risk of water entering; the double, dual-direction zipper; the large reflective panel on the rear for visibility; three optimally positioned rear pockets lined with a breathable mesh; and taped seams.
The Liberty’s distinctive design is based on ASSOS latest intel: HI-AMtec (HeatInject - AccessMap). The left chest panel over the rider’s heart benefits from a layer of our Schloss Tex, thereby ensuring additional warmth and improved blood circulation by targeting the source directly. For ASSOS, this is aligned with their objective of reducing volume while riding ensuring that riders are equipped for all conditions, without extra bulk when racing.
Key Product Features
- Stratagon Light- Windproof, water-resistant, and breathable material
- Schloss Tex- This purpose-created textile is our most lightweight and waterproof softshell.
- Reflex- Highly reflective rear panel for riding in low-light conditions.
- squamoVenTech- Strategically positioned ventilation slots on the upper back.
- Taped Seams- Deployed across the shoulders and the front zipper
- DWR- Treated with our Durable Water Repellent treatment to add one more level of insurance against the elements.
- Double, Taped zipper: Slim, lightweight double zipper for individually adjusting to the conditions.
ASSOS Jerseys Size Guide