Sport-Roller Plus Pannier Bags
The ORTLIEB Sport-Roller Plus with its 25 litres of capacity and extremely durable PS36C Cordura lined outer fabric has proven its strength in numerous real-world tests. Whilst the Sport-Roller Plus is essentially the same as its Classic brethren, the Plus version is made of a much better looking (and 300g lighter!) waterproof abrasion-resistant PS36C Cordura lined fabric over the plastic-looking PS490 used on the Classic version.
ORTLIEB are renowned for their Pannier systems with outdoor pursuit specialists swearing by the not only functional but strong system of front and rear bag loading on both sides. And since every gram is crucial for long-distance bike touring, the Back-Rollers' main advantage is their little net weight over similar panniers.
No matter whether you bike forest tracks or desert roads, cross canyons or rivers, the extremely durable outer fabric has proven its strength in numerous real tests. These are not the only reasons why the all-weather solution was awarded several times by the bicycle press: hermetical roll closures, shoulder straps and the ORTLIEB QL System ensure that food and equipment are not only protected 100% but also accessible at any time.
- Sold as a PAIR of pannier bags
- Abrasion-resistant Cordura fabric
- QL2.1 system for racks up to 16 mm
- 20 mm hook available as a separate accessory (e.g. for e-bikes)
- Including reduction pieces for tube diameters 8, 10 and 12 mm; with anti-scratch function reducing abrasions on the rack
- Top QL hooks and lower sliding hook adjustable without requiring any tools
- Lower hook rail made of two-component "hard-soft" synthetic reduces abrasions on the carrier
- Including integrated inner pocket and shoulder strap
- Symmetrical shape allows use on the right or left side
- Can be combined with the ORTLIEB Rack-Pack
- Simultaneous use of ORTLIEB Travel-Biker possible
- Highly reflective 3M Scotchlite reflectors
- Ideal for the use on children’s/youth bicycles
- Easy to clean inside
Spares and Accessories
IP Ratings Explanation
IP Ratings or Ingress Protection Ratings is an internationally recognised means of rating products of various types in terms of their capacity to prevent dust or liquids from engrossing into them or through them, pretty much all of ORTLIEB’s products bare an IP rating.
The tl;dr as possible explanation is as follows;
The first digit represents the products resistance to dust with ratings ratings above 4 being resistant to anything larger than 1mm and ratings of 5 and 6 being pretty much impenetrable.
The second digit represents the products resistance to liquids, this rating is slightly more complicated than first as aspects such as the pressure of the water being sprayed onto the product and the angle matter.
A rating of 3 means the product can handle sprays of water hitting it within 60 degrees from vertical (basically, this isn’t a problem unless you plan on riding through a typhoon or on a normal summers day here in the Lake District), ratings 4 and above can handle water hitting it from any direction.
Products which bare a rating of 7 (such as some of the BikePacking and Attack products) are the Andy McNab’s of the scale as they’ll handle high pressure water jets from any direction and submersion up to 1 meter in depth.
It’s worth noting that to achieve these ratings, products must be property closed and in some cases with bags which feature roll closures a number of roles are required - each product such have a PDF data sheet available which may detail ORTLIEB’s requirements to achieve the IP rating they’ve been awarded.ClosureRoll-TopQL TypeQuick-Lock 2.1FabricsPS36CVolume25 litresWeight1.44 kgHeight30 cmDepth14 cm
What's in the box?
CO2 Footprint: 14.38 kgLeave your car at home and cycle 151.4 km to compensate for this Sport-Roller Plus*
- 2 x Sport-Roller Plus Panniers
- 4 x 8, 10 and 12 mm Reduction Inserts
- 2 x Shoulder Straps
- 1 x User Manual