Scorpion Hard Terrain Lite
- FREE shipping on orders over £30
- 100% Secure payments
- Low stock - only 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
The new Pirelli Scorpion™ Hard Terrain is a mountain-bike tyre designed for compact terrain and the hardest surfaces. The tread features low, tightly packed knobs and elevated ability to adapt to the terrain, offering a large contact area and therefore excellent feeling while riding.
The use of the special SmartGRIP Compound guarantees elevated adaptability and at the same time resistance to tearing, offering elevated grip in all weather conditions, be they dry or wet: the best ally for your performance off-road.
This LITE version of the Scorpion™ Trail H offers lower rolling resistance over the standard Scorpion™ Trail H along with a notable weight saving.
- Rip-resistant rubber compound with 120 TPI reinforcement of the sides to offer greater protection against puncturing and cutting without sacrificing performance.
- The shape of the tyre has been optimised for modern rims made of aluminium or carbon with a wide internal groove.
- SmartGRIP rubber compound guarantees elevated grip on wet surfaces; the weather is no longer an issue, no sacrificing grip for dry or wet conditions.
- Robust 60 TPI TUBELESS READY Nylon casing, designed to dampen shocks and vibrations and make low pressure riding more stable with a wider footprint on the ground.
Weight: 755g approx
The tread of the Scorpion™ MTB Hard Terrain is made up of low, densely packed knobs and is made with a rubber compound that guarantees grip, high adaptability to the terrain and, at the same time, resistance to wear.
The height of the knobs is reduced to increase smoothness and limit deformation when cornering on terrain that doesn't allow penetration, guaranteeing excellent handling and a great sense of security in both wet and dry conditions.
Single Rubber Compound
SmartGRIP is a compound that uses cutting-edge advances in chemical technology to achieve two typically opposed features in off-roading: mechanical resistance and chemical grip.
This compound is capable of achieving performance levels high enough that it can be used for the entire depth of the rubber used to create the tread.
The use of a single rubber compound ensures that performance won't decrease as tread wear increases, which is usually a key defect of multilayer compounds. Pirelli selects the best rubber compound for every tread and every size, no compromise between grip and handling in wet and dry conditions.
The structure of Scorpion™ MTB tyres is optimised on the basis of the end user's riding style and intended use. Different combinations of materials, densities, thicknesses and sizes produce tyres that offer different riding experiences, guaranteeing very high levels of handling, grip and smoothness on any type of terrain.
The words Tailor Development summarise the Pirelli approach, which focuses on the development and optimisation of tyre performance for every size and version, developing ad-hoc solutions for every single tyre in the Scorpion™ MTB catalogue.