Scorpion Medium Terrain Lite
- FREE shipping on orders over £30
- 100% Secure payments
- Low stock - only 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
The new Pirelli Scorpion™ Mixed Terrain is a mountain-bike tyre designed for mixed terrain, where the surface is a mix of compact and unstable terrain and all intermediate types. The tread consists of knobs with average height and spacing to guarantee excellent performance on a wide range of terrains.
The use of the special SmartGRIP Compound guarantees elevated adaptability and at the same time resistance to tearing, offering elevated grip in all weather conditions, be they dry or wet: the best ally for your performance off-road.
This LITE version of the Scorpion™ Trail M offers lower rolling resistance over the standard Scorpion™ Trail M along with a notable weight saving.
- Rip-resistant rubber compound with 120 TPI reinforcement of the sides to offer greater protection against puncturing and cutting without sacrificing performance.
- The shape of the tyre has been optimised for modern rims made of aluminium or carbon with a wide internal groove.
- SmartGRIP rubber compound guarantees elevated grip on wet surfaces; the weather is no longer an issue, no sacrificing grip for dry or wet conditions.
- Robust 60 TPI TUBELESS READY Nylon casing, designed to dampen shocks and vibrations and make low pressure riding more stable with a wider footprint on the ground.
Weight: 810g approx
The tread of the Scorpion™ MTB Mixed Terrain is composed of knobs whose height and spacing was studied alongside the physical and mechanical properties of the rubber compound, to offer uncompromising performance in variable conditions on compact and unstable terrain.
The addition of specific ribbing helps support the knobs limiting their deformation and encouraging the release of excess mud in wet conditions.
Single Rubber Compound
SmartGRIP is a compound that uses cutting-edge advances in chemical technology to achieve two typically opposed features in off-roading: mechanical resistance and chemical grip.
This compound is capable of achieving performance levels high enough that it can be used for the entire depth of the rubber used to create the tread.
The use of a single rubber compound ensures that performance won't decrease as tread wear increases, which is usually a key defect of multilayer compounds. Pirelli selects the best rubber compound for every tread and every size, no compromise between grip and handling in wet and dry conditions.
The structure of Scorpion™ MTB tyres is optimised on the basis of the end user's riding style and intended use. Different combinations of materials, densities, thicknesses and sizes produce tyres that offer different riding experiences, guaranteeing very high levels of handling, grip and smoothness on any type of terrain.
The words Tailor Development summarise the Pirelli approach, which focuses on the development and optimisation of tyre performance for every size and version, developing ad-hoc solutions for every single tyre in the Scorpion™ MTB catalogue.