Scorpion Soft Terrain Lite
- FREE shipping on orders over £30
- 100% Secure payments
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The new Pirelli Scorpion™ Soft Terrain is a mountain-bike tyre designed for soft and unstable terrain. The tread features deep, widely spaced knobs designed to help the rider when the tyre tends to sink and to unload heavy build-up without flexing, thereby guaranteeing elevated riding precision and absolute grip even in difficult and straining conditions.
The use of the special SmartGRIP Compound guarantees elevated adaptability and at the same time resistance to tearing, offering elevated grip in all weather conditions, be they dry or wet: the best ally for your performance off-road.
This LITE version of the Scorpion™ Trail S offers lower rolling resistance over the standard Scorpion™ Trail S along with a notable weight saving.
- 2.20: LITE: rip-resistant rubber compound offering elevated mechanical resistance to reduce cutting and at the same time guarantee elevated performance.
- 2.40: LITE: rip-resistant rubber compound with 120 TPI reinforcement of the sides to offer greater protection against puncturing and cutting without sacrificing performance.
- 2.20: 120 TPI TUBELESS READY casing designed to dampen vibrations and make low pressure riding more stable with a wider footprint on the ground.
- 2.40: Robust 60 TPI TUBELESS READY Nylon casing, designed to dampen shocks and vibrations and make low pressure riding more stable with a wider footprint on the ground.
Weight: 695g approx (2.20")
The tread of the Scorpion™ MTB Soft Terrain is made up of deeper, more widely spaced knobs that guarantee excellent penetration into the terrain and elevated chemical and mechanical grip, making it perfect even for a more aggressive riding style.
The depth and rigidity of the knobs encourage penetration of the terrain and mechanical grip, guaranteeing excellent responsiveness and feeling for traction and braking as well as excellent support when cornering.
In addition, the specific spacing of the knobs for the Scorpion™ MTB Soft Terrain and the rubber compound help unload any material that builds upon the tread at low speeds.
Single Rubber Compound
SmartGRIP is a compound that uses cutting-edge advances in chemical technology to achieve two typically opposed features in off-roading: mechanical resistance and chemical grip.
This compound is capable of achieving performance levels high enough that it can be used for the entire depth of the rubber used to create the tread.
The use of a single rubber compound ensures that performance won't decrease as tread wear increases, which is usually a key defect of multilayer compounds. Pirelli selects the best rubber compound for every tread and every size, no compromise between grip and handling in wet and dry conditions.
The structure of Scorpion™ MTB tyres is optimised on the basis of the end user's riding style and intended use. Different combinations of materials, densities, thicknesses and sizes produce tyres that offer different riding experiences, guaranteeing very high levels of handling, grip and smoothness on any type of terrain.
The words Tailor Development summarise the Pirelli approach, which focuses on the development and optimisation of tyre performance for every size and version, developing ad-hoc solutions for every single tyre in the Scorpion™ MTB catalogue.