Developed and manufactured here in Cumbria, Rockstop® is a new generation of mountain bike tyre insert created using a tough, highly shock absorbing rubberised polymer designed to fit on your mountain bike rim and protect it from dings, and your tyre from most impact punctures and burping.
The geometry of the cross-bridges forces the Rockstop® edges against the tyre sidewall, so that if you hit a rock it's the shock absorbing meat in the tyre Scotby Cyclesand rim sandwich, preventing pinch punctures and rim damage.
Both the Rockstop® 29'er and 650B have been designed on a 30mm rim and will suit 23-34mm rims, whereas the 650B Wide version was designed on a 40mm wide rim for plus-sized wheelsets so it suits anything from 35mm - 45mm.
- High shock absorbing rubberised polymer
- Weighs appx 250g per wheel
- It comes ready assembled in the box
- It's easy to fit and you don't need any glue
- You don't need any extra valves
- Manufactured here in Cumbria
All Rockstop® rim protectors are E-BIKE compatible.
- 1 x Rockstop® rim protector
- Assembly guide (see below, but also check out their videos)
- Rockstop® merch
- Some Cumbrian air!
- Put the first bead onto your rim as normal.
- Locate your valve and place any of the holes on your Rockstop® over it.
- Feed the Rockstop® around the rim and stretch it over - it will start to get tight on the last section.
- Once in place, ensure the notches underneath Rockstop® are sitting in the centre channel of the rim.
- Work the already positioned bead underneath the Rockstop® so that it's seated correctly, this also allows some slack on the tyre ready to get the second bead on.
- Put the second bead on and work it underneath the Rockstop® as before.
- Once your tyre is on, flatten the top of the tyre all the way around to ensure Rockstop® is sitting evenly in place - this also pushes the outside beads of the tyre into position ready to inflate.
- Inflate, lock and ride!